Current Type: Common EnglishPlay Another Matching » Level: Secondary
( Sign In to earn ESL points for playing games! )
in the back
About the Matching Game
These Matching Games are an excellent and fun way to practice your vocabulary. In each game you have to find a matching pair, that is two words that correspond with ...
Some Notes Before You Play a Matching Game!
Game Type Explained: All Game Types will be explained in details before you play any game, make sure you read them. For example, in “Matching Opposites”, you will have to match words that have opposite meanings (e.g. good and bad); in “Matching Phrasal Verbs”, you will have to match a phrasal verb with its meaning (e.g. put on and wear).
Game Level Explained: Matching Games will be divided into 4 levels, from Elementary to Master. Elementary level has the smallest board whereas Master level has the widest. Each level requires a different level of English. Of course the Master level will give you most ESL points.
– Elementary: Small – 8 pairs of words, for beginners!
– Secondary: Medium – 12 pairs of words, requires an intermediate level of English
– Advanced: Wide – 15 pairs of words, requires an intermediate to advanced level of English
– Master: Widest – 18 pairs of words, requires an advanced level of English
– There are two modes in a matching game, either Timer or Move Limitation. In Timer mode when the Timer reaches 00:00 you will lose while in the Move Limitation Mode you will lose when you exceed the number of Moves allowed. You can switch between two modes before you start to play. You can choose a default mode in Board Preference.
– You can earn ESL points (English Study Points) for playing this game, the points you may receive depend on the level you choose and the number of moves you use (i.e. more moves, less points).
– Hmm the last thing is… Have Fun!